The Isabella County Human Rights Committee
The Human Rights Committee (HRC) was established in 2008 by the Isabella County Board of Commissioners. Its purpose is to review and recommend action on issues and concerns related to Human Rights. View our Human Rights Committee Brochure for more details.
Follow us on Facebook
Specifically, the Human Rights Committee will:
- Provide programming and education to the county on issues related to enhancing positive interaction between diverse members of Isabella County.
- Serve as a liaison between the county and other local diversity and minority organizations.
- Collect data regarding acts of discrimination/harassment within Isabella County and share the analysis of that data, with recommendations for action, with the Board of Commissioners and the County Administrator.
- Monitor the actions taken by appropriate governmental bodies regarding acts of discrimination/harassment reported to the Board of Commissioners and the County Administrator by the Human Rights Committee.
- Collaborate with the County Administrator to ensure the goals of the Human Rights Committee are appropriately implemented through the Isabella County Diversity Office.
- Provide guidance to, and participate in establishing goals for, the Diversity Coordinator.
- Report periodically to the Board of Commissioners and the County Administrator on the extent of violations within Isabella County.
Incident Report Form
Anyone in Isabella County who believes that she or he has been discriminated against on the basis of religion, race, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identification, height, familial status, weight, or disability status may file a formal Incident Report with the Human Rights Committee.
Once completed, please submit the form to the Isabella County Diversity Office at the address listed below or via e-mail to the Administration Office. Download The Incident Report Form in Adobe pdf format.
Laura Gonzales - Chair
Jeannie Jackson - Vice Chairperson
Maureen N. Eke
Anne M. Swift
Raquel Joy Fruh - Secretary
PH: (989) 772-0911
For questions regarding the Isabella County Human Rights Committee please
contact staff at (989) 772-0911 ext. 202.
Isabella County website disclaimer.