- in-line skating
- cross country skiing
- no motorized vehicles allowed
Isabella County Pere Marquette Rail-Trail
Open All Year
Located along Business US-10 East of Clare
Trailhead at Loomis
For reservations and information:
call the Parks Main Office (989) 772-0911 ext. 340
Seasonal (989) 772-2879
Interactive aerial map - DSL/Cable Connections or faster required
Information on the Rail-Trail and events on the Rail Trail.
- Keep right except to pass
- Alert others when passing by using voice or bell
- Yield to slower traffic
- Always travel at safe speeds
- Don't block the trail
- Dogs must be on a leash
- Please help keep the trail clean
- Helmets are suggest for your safety
- No motorized vehicles allowed
- 8.25 miles of paved trail
- links to Midland Rail-Trail offering 30 miles of paved trail
The Pere Marquette Rail-Trail follows the Midland to Clare route of the old Flint and Pere Marquette Railroad. This railroad once moved timber to the sawmills and supplies to the thriving logging industry that existed during the last century and before.
This Trail is one of Michigan's best known, offering a well maintained, hard surface for walking, jogging, biking, in-line skating...just about any mode of non-motorized transportation.
It's a traffic-free, handicap accessible, safe and convenient park for participants of all ages! Parking areas, restrooms, and other facilities are well situated along its route.
|Tunnel||Loomis Trail Head|