Dog licenses are required for all dogs over six months of age. Licenses can be purchased between December 1st and February 28th at regular license fees. Late license fees start on March 1st. Puppies that turn 6 months of age after March 1st are considered regular fee if purchased within 7 days of becoming 6 months.
Checks or Cash Only. We do not accept credit or debit cards
Reasons For Licensing
- Excellent identification.
- It’s your pets ticket back home.
- It allows us to notify you when your lost pet is found.
- It ensures that your dog is rabies vaccinated.
- Provides proof that the dog legally belongs to you.
- It’s the LAW.
Instructions for Dog License Application
- If you have had your dog re-vaccinated against rabies or have had your dog surgically sterilized since you purchased your last dog license, you must show proof of this.
- If you apply by mail, please enclose any required information (rabies vaccination), a self-addressed stamped envelope, and a check or money order payable to the agency issuing the dog license.
- If your dog is deceased or if you no longer have the dog, please notify Isabella County Animal Control or Treasurer’s Office.
- If you have a license from another county, it can be transferred for $3.00 with proof of a valid rabies vaccination and the license for the current year from the other county.
- If you are from out of state and are a new resident in Isabella County, the license would be $10.00 or $20.00 with proof of a valid rabies vaccination and the current license from the other state.
In order to get a multi-year license, rabies vaccination must be valid through March 1st of the year you are purchasing
Male or Female
|1 year – $20.00||1 year – $40.00|
|2 year – $30.00||2 year – $60.00|
|3 year – $40.00||3 year – $70.00|
Unsexed Animal or Senior Citizen (60 yrs)
|1 year – $10.00||1 year – $40.00|
|2 year – $15.00||2 year – $50.00|
|3 year – $20.00||3 year – $55.00|
Tag Replacement or Transfer from another County- $3.00
Service Dog License – Free*
*Service Dog licenses need to be obtained yearly with valid rabies vaccination. For more information about Service Animals, please visit www.Michigan.gov/serviceanimals
Where to Purchase a License
Licenses can be purchased at the Isabella County Treasurer or Animal Control Offices year round. Licenses can also be obtained from these local veterinarians:
- Pol Veterinary Services – 3959 W. Jordan – Weidman – (989) 644-5044
Check with your Township Treasurer through February 28th to see if they have licenses available