The Isabella County Sheriff’s Office is seeking to fill a full-time Corrections Officer position. Starting pay is $20.13 per hour with an excellent benefits package. Corrections Officer pay is $25.86 per hour after five years. Bargaining Unit: Police Officers Association of Michigan.
- Candidate must be comfortable working in a fast-paced linear jail setting with some intermediate direct supervision housing units.
- Candidate must be willing to work reasonable amounts of overtime upon request.
- Candidate should possess excellent communication skills and be able to work in a diverse work environment.
- Successful candidate must pass a physical exam, psychological exam, and a complete background investigation.
- Preference will be given to candidates who possess a current Local Corrections Officer Certification in Michigan.
Application and resume must be received to be considered. Applicant forms are available online.
Please send a cover letter, resume, application, and any applicable certifications or current test results to email@example.com or:
Isabella County Sheriff’s Office
207 Court Street
Mount Pleasant, MI 48858
Isabella County is an equal opportunity employer. Applications will be accepted until Monday, June 7, 2021 at noon.
PLEASE NOTE: To be an eligible candidate as a Corrections Officer you must have completed the following:
- Complete a written mental fitness examination that measures reading comprehension, writing skills, and situational reasoning. Please visit http://www.empco.net and click on the Sheriff’s Office Positions icon to register and find the nearest location that administers the written examination. A list of dates and times will be available. There is a cost for completion of the examination, and it is the responsibility of the candidate. If you have already completed the examination, you may submit your current results.
- Pass a physical ability test. Please visit http://www.misctc.org to review the Minimum Standards for Local Corrections Officers and more information on the physical ability test. If you have already completed the test, you may submit your current results.