Marriage License & Record

200 N. Main Street Rm 240
Mt. Pleasant, MI 48858
Phone:(989) 317-4070
Fax:(989) 772-6347
Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Except holidays

Request a Marriage License

  • Both parties must be present to apply.
  • One of the parties must have an Isabella County Address.
  • Driver’s License or pictured ID required.
  • Both over 18 years of age.
  • Certified copy of Birth Certificate.
  • If previously married, copies of judgment of divorce or death certificate proof of how marriage ended.
  • Filing Fee of $20.00.
  • Once you apply for your license there is a three day waiting period, including weekends, before you can pick it up. The license is good for thirty days following the three day waiting period.
  • If a waiver of the three day waiting period is needed. You must have one of the following valid reasons: Family emergency as in a family member is sick or dying, death in the family, military leave or deployment or out of state with explanation.
    The 3 days can be waived for a $20.00 fee.
  • If you are planning on being married in Isabella County, but live in a different state, the fee is $30.00.
  • Your license can be picked up between the hours of 8:00 am and 4:30 pm Monday through Friday. Further instructions will be given with your license.

Fees & Application

  • $20.00 marriage license filing fee
  • $20.00 fee for waiver of three day waiting period with valid reasons for waiver
  • $30.00 fee if both parties live in a different state
  • $15.00 for the first copy
  • $5.00 for each additional copy of the same record purchased at the same time.
  • Senior citizens, 65 and over, $7.00 for the first copy, $5.00 for each additional copy purchased at the same time.
couple getting married
couple hugging

Request a Marriage Record

Isabella County marriage records are records of parties who were residents of Isabella County and made application for the license in Isabella County.

Fees & Application

  • $15.00 for the first certified copy
  • $5.00 for each additional copy of the same record purchased at the same time.

Request A Marriage Record Online

For your convenience, you can process online requests through an independent company that Isabella County Clerk has partnered with to provide you this service; VitalChek Network, Inc. VitalChek can be reached through their website; ( An additional fee is charged by VitalChek for this service, and all major credit cards are accepted, including American Express®, Discover®, MasterCard® or Visa®.

You can now order your Vital Record 24 hours a day. If you need a vital record from anywhere in the United States you can go to the Vital Chek site and order it. The web site will bring up a map of the United States, click on the state you will be requesting your record from and follow the order process. Vital Chek charges a service fee on top of the fee for your record.

Request Marriage Record ›