Dog licenses are required for all dogs over six months of age. Licenses can be purchased between December 1st and February 28th at regular license fees. Late license fees start on March 1st. Puppies that turn 6 months of age after March 1st are considered regular fee if purchased within 7 days of becoming 6 months.
We accept Cash, Check and Credit/Debit Cards*
*A service fee is added to all credit/debit card purchases
Instructions for Dog License Application
- Bring in proof of rabies vaccination and if spayed or neutered, proof of the sterilization.
- If you apply by mail, please enclose any required information (rabies vaccination), a self-addressed stamped envelope, and a check or money order payable to the agency issuing the dog license.
- If your dog is deceased, you no longer have the dog or have moved out of the county, please notify Isabella County Sheriff or Treasurer’s Office.
- If you have a license from another county, it can be transferred for $3.00 with proof of a valid rabies vaccination and the license for the current year from the other county.
- If you are from out of state and are a new resident in Isabella County, the license would be $10.00 (if spayed/neutered) or $20.00 (if intact) with proof of a valid rabies vaccination and the current license from the other state.
In order to get a multi-year license, rabies vaccination must be valid through March 1st of the year you are purchasing
Male or Female
|1 year – $20.00||1 year – $40.00|
|2 year – $30.00||2 year – $60.00|
|3 year – $40.00||3 year – $70.00|
Unsexed Animal or Senior Citizen (60 yrs)
|1 year – $10.00||1 year – $40.00|
|2 year – $15.00||2 year – $50.00|
|3 year – $20.00||3 year – $55.00|
Licenses are based on calendar year (January – December)
Tag Replacement or Transfer from another County- $3.00
Service Dog License – Free*
*Service Dog licenses need to be obtained yearly with valid rabies vaccination. For more information about Service Animals, please visit www.Michigan.gov/serviceanimals
Reasons For Licensing
- Excellent identification.
- It’s your pets ticket back home.
- It allows us to notify you when your lost pet is found.
- It ensures that your dog is rabies vaccinated.
- Provides proof that the dog legally belongs to you.
- It’s the LAW.
Where to Purchase a License
Licenses can be purchased at the Isabella County Treasurer or Isabella County Sheriff Office year round.
Check with your Township Treasurer through February 28th to see if they have licenses available.