Foster Grandparent and Senior Companion
Serving: Clare, Gratiot and Isabella Counties
Foster Grandparent and Senior Companion Volunteer Programs taps the skills, talents and experience of individuals who are at least 55, on a limited income and looking to fulfill their purpose. Foster Grandparent volunteers serve in schools, day care centers and preschools, providing academic, social and emotional support to help students reach their full potential. They foster positive relationships with students and children through encouragement, empathy, and kindness. Senior Companion volunteers help older adults live independently. They provide assistance with important daily tasks; encouragement to remain active; to notice when someone may need extra care and easing of loneliness. Without the help of Senior Companions, many Older Adults would not be able to continue living at home. Many of our volunteers also serves in nursing homes, adult day care centered and sheltered workshops.
- Must be 55 years of age or better
- Meet our income eligibility guidelines
- Able commit to 15-20 hours of volunteer service per week
- Be in good health
- Pass the required Criminal Background checks
- Participate in required orientation, and ongoing training.
- Non-taxable hourly stipend
- Transportation reimbursement
- A meal during each day of service
- PTO and Holiday pay
- The satisfaction of helping a child or older adult in need
- Volunteer Recognition Events
BE THE CHANGE!
Call Us! (989) 772-0748
Brandi Knivila Anne Acles Jodi Onstott
Manager SCP Supervisor FGP Supervisor
email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
Links to additional Foster Grandparent and Senior Companion Program information: