Planning & Zoning Overview
Mission Statement: To assure responsive, effective, and quality service; while promoting responsible positive growth, balancing the need for development, conservation, recreation, transportation, and protecting the environment; while promoting coordinated and effective planning practices within Isabella County. (Adopted February 9, 2006)
Basic Duties & Responsibilities
- Administer and enforce the Isabella County Zoning Ordinance.
- Works with the public, including township officials, on complaints/violations and addresses their concerns.
- Educates the public regarding the content of the Isabella County Zoning Ordinance.
- Provides staff support to the Isabella County Planning Commission and Zoning Board of Appeals.
- Processes applications for zoning permits, special use permits, etc.